You just looked at your calendar, and next week looks like a doozy. A presentation for work, the dog has to go to the vet, your kids have approximately a million games and practices, oh, and it’s school picture day. You’re breathless just thinking about it, and on top of all that, your family expects you to feed them dinner every single night. You know what you need? You need Bergen County Kings Food Markets’ 6 Solutions to Simplify Your Stressful Week, surefire food solutions for busy people like yourself that will satisfy even the most discerning palates.
1. Be prepared! You’ll save time in the kitchen on a busy weeknight if you carve out some time on the weekend to plan your menu for the week. Then, make a grocery list and head to the store. Pro Tip: Make extra servings so you’ll have a second meal, or freeze leftovers for those days when you just don’t have time to cook.
2. Easy as 1-2-3…4. Believe it or not, there are a ton of fast and flavorful recipes that can be made with four ingredients or less. A few of our favorites include Cajun Lime Grilled Shrimp and Classic Prime Rib Roast.
3. Got time to dine. But what about the days when you’re feeling a little adventurous or you find yourself with some extra time in the afternoon (we know it’s a long shot, but it can happen!) or you have guests coming for dinner? The Kings YouTube channel has step-by-step guidance for creating meals that are simple for you but impressive for your family or guests.
4. Grab and go. For days when even turning on the oven seems like too much trouble, stop by their deli counter for a Kings’ Chef’s Meal. You pick one entrée and two sides from the extensive selection, crafted in-store by their experienced chefs, and you’ll get what you always expect from Kings—fresh ingredients and great value.
5. Cater to your needs. Hosting the back-to-school coffee seemed like a great idea back in May when you volunteered, didn’t it? Give yourself a break and call Kings Catering. They’ll work around your needs, tailoring specific dishes to your event, dietary needs or celebration theme.
6. A to Zoodle. The last thing you want to do after a long day is negotiate with your kids about their vegetable consumption (or lack thereof). Even worse is when you spend time preparing a dish only to have them turn up their noses. Try spiralized vegetables, pre-cut and packaged for your convenience. Sauté the veggies in Kings Fresh Marinara Sauce or Kings Fresh Pesto Sauce, then sit back, watch your kids gobble them up and smile.
Best of all, stop by your local Kings Food Market and sign up for the myKings extra! Savings program. Then, provide your phone number at check out each time you shop to save more than ever. Plus, you’ll be the first to know about sales and in-store events, and you’ll receive exclusive member offers. What are you waiting for? Roll up your sleeves and get cooking!
Not sure where to find a Kings Market? They've got food markets all over Bergen County—find your store here.