Tis the season for holiday shopping. And though, for you, it might have lost some of its sparkle (that list is long and somehow even if you check it a hundred times you still forget Aunt Ethel every year.) for your child, holiday shopping is still magical. So, give them the chance to take their shopping for family and friends into their own hands at the Kids Holiday Market at Westfield Garden State Plaza.
Early Bird tickets for this special shopping experience are available for $5 now. Your child can shop any time between November 20th and December 24th in the comfort of an area designed just for them that will empower them to budget and make decisions all on their own. Here’s how it works:
- Purchase timed entry tickets and then work with your child to develop a shopping list and a budget for their gift buying.
- Arrive at the Kids Market about 25 minutes before your scheduled session so your child can receive their clipboards, shopping lists and pencils (all items are either sanitized between uses or single use).
- Groups of 10 or fewer children will be entertained by two socially distanced puppet shows that give them tips for shopping, then they’ll be given 30 – 40 minutes to shop.
- The enclosed market features a curated selection of gifts priced between $10 and $25 each. Gifts, including candles, jewelry, ornaments and more are displayed behind plexiglass and event attendants are available to help kids make their choices.
- Once each kid has completed their shopping, caregivers have the opportunity to review their final choices before purchasing.
- Purchases made at the Kids Market will be gift wrapped with a special branded gift bag and gift tag.
Kids can submit photos from this picture-worthy event to the Kids Market Photo Wall and can cap off their excursion with a scavenger hunt around the perimeter of the Market. Parents are invited to look on from outside the enclosure while their kids shop. This exclusive shopping event is best for kids ages 5 – 12 as some knowledge of math and reading is helpful.
Mask wearing is required and enforced.
We all know how much better it is to give than to receive (no really, it is). So teach that valuable lesson to your kids this holiday season. Then watch them glow with pride as their loved ones open the holiday presents your kid selected just for them. Visit the Westfield Garden State Plaza website for more information and to purchase tickets.
Westfield Garden State Plaza One Garden State Plaza Drive Paramus, NJ