There are two kinds of people in the world. The kind who can't wait for the weather to warm up so they can start enjoying their outdoor space and the kind who think, "Maybe this is the year when I'm going to make my patio, porch or balcony into my happy place." If you fall into that second group, Down to Earth Living, the area's premier outdoor furniture, garden center, and nursery, located in Pomona, New York, is the place where you can turn that dream into a reality. Their showroom is open for spring and they're ready to help you choose your new favorite furniture from their extensive collection of award-winning home décor and gorgeous outdoor furniture.
If you have a little bit of analysis paralysis, or you aren't even sure where to start in selecting the best patio furniture for your space, Down to Earth Living has you covered there as well. Here are some tips to help you with the thoughtful planning that will ensure that your outdoor living space works for you and your family for years to come.
1. Make a List. First think about how you currently use your outdoor space. Then, imagine how you would like to use it once you've finished transforming it into the comfortable, functional space you want it to be. Will you be lounging and enjoying the fresh air with a good book? Hosting parties? Inviting the neighbors for dinner al fresco? These questions will help you decide whether you need a sofa or sectional, a dining table, or a combination of both in your upgraded space. Once you know what you're looking for, visit the Down to Earth Living showroom to start envisioning the furniture in your space.
2. Invest in Quality. Do your research, check out reviews and purchase furniture that will stand the test of time (and withstand even our harshest winters and wettest springs). Down to Earth Living offers furniture of all shapes and sizes that fit all different budgets.
3. Take a Seat. It's hard to tell whether a chair or sofa is comfortable from a picture on a website or in a catalog. Is it too soft? Too hard? Or has Goldilocks found the one that's just right? At Down to Earth Living, there are dozens of furniture sets on display so you can take a seat and test them out.
4. Go for Easy Care. You do not want to spend half your summer cleaning your furniture and the other half worrying about it getting dirty again. So pick furniture that's easy to care for, always looks great and wipes clean. Remember that painted furniture might fade, but pops of color in cushions or accent pieces are a great way to add interest to your outdoor living space. Pick materials like teak, cedar and all-weather wicker that will look great for years.
5. Consider Storage. The best case scenario is that you have a place to store your furniture during the winter. But if that's not the house you have, even furniture covers or pieces that can be folded up and put away will help extend the life of your outdoor furniture.
6. Round Out the Look. First, add an all-weather rug to lend the comforts of indoors to the great outdoors. Look for an outdoor rug that is soft underfoot, rich in texture and quick-drying. Second, find pieces that will serve a dual purpose like an ottoman that serves as extra seating during a party. Or, try a bench that can be pulled up to the table for casual dinners.
You've waited long enough. Time to get to Down to Earth Living and start planning your brand new patio space. Warm days, sunshine and long, relaxed evenings are just around the corner. Don't miss out on even one second of the fun!Down to Earth Living 1040 Rte 45, Pomona